To be honest, I have had a sewing machine in my loft at home since before Christmas, but it was languishing there unused, unloved, as I was unable to make it work.
Thankfully, my mother’s student is a sewing machine guru and had a look at it for me the other week, and it is working! Well. It was working. My dad had to give it a bit of a jiggle around and oil it some, as it was jamming. I haven’t tried it since, so I am unaware as to whether it is running smoothly, but I can always hope!
It is a Toyota model, so if anyone owns one, I will be in your debt forever if you gave me any tips etc. They would be most appreciated I can tell you!
Anyway, I did some sewing on my machine before it gave up; I started making a Sorbetto top! I am very excited to announce that I have tried again at a Colette pattern, as that was one of my sewing goals (and four months into the year, I fear I have not accomplished many of them.. oops!)
I cut a straight six (Only because when I got the pattern out of the plastic wallet I had put it in at Christmas, that was what it was cut out as. I haven’t a clue if that is my size, but I
am too lazy to check trust past Rhiannon’s judgement.
Excuse the unironed fabric; it is some sort of bedding I think; there are cushions in my sister’s room which look suspiciously similar to this top.
I managed to machine sew the arm holes together before it gave up on me; I think the pleat stressed it out too much. I am actually quite unsure as to how I should go about sewing it down. I will probably do it by hand; yes it is slower, however I have so much more control over what I am doing!
Anywho, this is a bit of a boring post; I just wanted to update everyone on the fact that I now have a sewing machine! (Which is exciting stuff for me, if not everyone else!)
Have a happy week!